Wow.. I have tried and tried to update this page. Many technical difficulties!! Today I had success ( it took about an hour and a half!!)
Christian sitting in the grass watching his Dad play in a tennis tournament last weekend.
Sarah took this shot of the mist on the Connecticut River while going over the bridge to Vermont on our way to school.
The girls' riding instructor celebrated her 70th birthday last weekend and we attended a big party for her! Here are the girls relaxing on the grass. Cecily (who is doing much better by the way!!, look at that smile!!) Shannon and my Sarah.
At the party a man from VINS (Vermont Institute of Natural Science) came and released a hawk (I think it was called a "broad winged hawk") that was found on the side of the road injured, and then rehabilitated there. It was really ready to go! Can you see it?
there it goes!!
Eric and his pals heading over to the "crepe mobile" for a yummy birthday dessert. What an interesting (and delicious might I add!) idea.. those crepes were heavenly...
Since Micheal Jordan got inducted into the hall of fame (and his old games have been on TV so much with you know who watching...) Christian got an idea into his head.. "please dad.. bring my hoop over to the trampoline?!!" he spent hours last weekend doing this.. haha!
"back, back, back"...
I uploaded backwards yet again.. at the end of each ride Grandma told Sarah to go to the gate, then make Kit back up. Kit is always so eager to go in and get his supper it's sometimes hard to get him to do what you want him to.. Sarah's been doing a good job at it. A good exercise where Sarah is the boss!!! :)

I uploaded backwards yet again.. at the end of each ride Grandma told Sarah to go to the gate, then make Kit back up. Kit is always so eager to go in and get his supper it's sometimes hard to get him to do what you want him to.. Sarah's been doing a good job at it. A good exercise where Sarah is the boss!!! :)
hey Jenny.. you'd be proud of me... I went on an hour long ride on Kit yesterday down a side road. (no pics..:( ) Our vet and her four year old daughter came along (well, they invited us and I finally caved and just did it!!!) on their horses... it was so fun! He did so well..for it really being only his second time on a trail like ride.. just a little dancy at first and wanted to be head honcho, but calmed right down. WOW.. riding with others is what really worked!! Even went over a bridge with loud bubbling water running with a minimal spooks!! on the way back he passed right over that bridge like he was a pro..I had to dig out (and dust off!) the western saddle though so I could stay on!!! :) Now that I'm over that hump I want to go again!! We need another horse now!!!!! (Eric says NO!)

2 comments:
I wish we lived closer Jenny - we could ride together. It does make a difference when you have someone to ride with huh? That "back back back" drill will work. It is funny how they know when they are done and they just want to stop right then and there and "bolt to the barn". Tell Christian Michael Jordan was my guy when he played. I used to milk at the farm in those days and I would tape EVERY game to watch when I was done. What a genius to set the hoop up near the trampoline...I want to come over!! I hope Eric did well at the tennis match. Brad is doing tennis right now in school. How is the school year going so far? How many kids do you have? I bet, let me rewrite that, I KNOW you are wonderful with those kiddies. They are lucky!!
xoxo Jenny
I forgot to write about the hawk. I have never seen one be released before. That must be wonderful. I would love to be a rehabilitator someday. Also just had to add- I love my western saddle too Jenny!
xoxo Jenny
Post a Comment