Saturday, February 5, 2011

our family got a real treat today.. we got to go on a dog sled ride in our town!! By the time we got a chance to do it, the snow started really coming down. (we had a snow storm warning going on..) It's something Sarah has ALWAYS talked about and wanted to do and the rest of us went too. (when will get another chance like this?!!) All of these dogs are from Alaska and two of them ran in the Iditarod in 2003. Very cool. Here are some pictures plus some more since I haven't been "blogging" lately!!



Christian helps to put a harness on one of the dogs. Getting ready!!!

Sarah's turn to put a harness on.

Sarah and I went first. The snow really started coming down!! (wish we had brought some ski goggles!!! ) I think we got the real experience here with this snow!!



There we go!!!

Dad and Christian's turn

The dogs are just waiting for the word to GO!!

Christian's basketball team played the hawks a couple of weeks back and one of Christian's friends (Jordan) plays for this team. it's funny how they had to guard each other!!



Sarah and Kit on their way to the barn!

Christian and Sally

peeking Sally

Sarah and her Lacey-Cat

1 comment:

heavenly bliss said...

That is something I have always wanted to do too. I'm so glad you got to experience it. Picture perfect weather too! About once a year I hear that there will be a dog sled demonstration around here and we have always missed it in the past. I keep thinking we'll catch it next year. I haven't heard anything this year! :(

Christian you look like a pro out there. It must have given you some motivation to play against a friend! Georgia is playing now too. I'll get some pictures of her and her team up real soon. The other day she had a game and her team only scored 5 baskets!!! She had one of them though. She was so proud. I could see it all over her face. Keep up the good work!

Kit is so beautiful. I hope one day to be able to ride together. Sarah I remember your mom and I dreaming and talking about "our future" horses all the time when we were younger. I'm so glad you get to have your own and take lessons and all. It is teaching you much more than "just" riding!

Sally is so cute. She looks like she is one smart cookie. I can just see it in her eyes. I get the feeling she keeps you guys laughing. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Makes me feel like I'm living right beside you. xoxo Jenny