Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Butterflies

These pictures were taken in mid-June, and there were some of the many pictures I wanted to upload and could not until now. We have some late blooming lilacs that spread from our yard to the woods beside the house. They are in the shade, so we get lilacs a bit longer than they normally would be out! We went out in the yard one night and saw these butterflies all over the lilacs. I just had to take a couple of pictures. We looked it up and found that they are Eastern Tiger Swallowtails (we think!) I don't know a whole lot about butterflies, but the description said that these are attracted to lilac and the colors matched. Very pretty!
Sarah was out walking the pup in her yellow outfit. If you look close you can see the yellow butterflies on the lilac blossoms.

No comments: