Thursday, August 27, 2009

First day of school '09

They have "shining eyes" and brand new shoes... it MUST be the first day of school!!


I got to be outside and snap some pictures ( since I work at the same elementary school that Sarah attends and had no kids that day.. our real first day is tomorrow!! just setting up/meetings etc. to get ready in the past two days..) . The K-12 all get in lines by grade and have a parade around the school before the day begins! A SME tradition!! Here is Sarah with her buds waiting for the parade to begin.
I just noticed my camera shows the wrong date.. the first day of school was the 26th this year.

1 comment:

heavenly bliss said...

Wow maybe this will work this time. I have been having trouble commenting with Brad's computer. Yay back to school. You guys look great!! What a way to start with a parade. I wish you all a wonderfully successful year, mom included!! We have started here too. Not in full swing but we're doing a little each day,... well every other day!!! It is hard to get things done with Brad around.

I have to go for now Margie is in my arms and she is getting to be quite the chunk. Take care. I will be thinking of you.
xoox Jenny