Monday, September 7, 2009

Our Labor Day Weekend

Sarah standing by the morning glory poles in our garden. I think it was a little too early as most of them weren't open yet! Some of them have started to spiral around a couple of nearby sunflowers, but those sunflowers weren't quite open yet. I'll have to snap a few pics when they do!
A couple of giants in our garden that have opened up!

Christian put on a yard sale pretty much on his own on Saturday. He did very well and got rid of a lot of stuff that we no longer use.


We went to the Lancaster fair again this year! Our FAVORITE! We held out on a nearby fair this past summer to attend this one that is about an hour and a half away. It's big and has a lot of agriculture. A very fun day! Who are those handsome boys??!



Sarah checking out our hometown cows!




oxen teams





We visited the oxen area.. this guy was HUGE!





Sarah was amazed that his head was bigger than Kits! (Kit has a huge head and ears... traits of a Tennessee walker, we sometimes call him "mule!")







At the fair we once again visited the tent where the cow costume contest was held! The Fleming kids took part again his year (along with regular showings throughout the duration of the fair, but we missed out on those :( ) luckily we made it to see this very cute show! Here is Shannon and her little cousin. The three 60's gals! haha!








Christian's bud superman leading superwoman in the show! Way to go Liam! :)









"Cheese!"










1 comment:

heavenly bliss said...

What great pictures of the flowers. I love morning glories. Our garden was a dud this year. We'll try (maybe) again next year. We just didn't have enough sun and too much rain. I don't think I even have a pumpkin out there. I haven't even been out to check it in a while!! What a fair. The idea of dressing the cows is so funny. I should suggest that for the Jeff. Co. Fair. What a HUGE oxen my goodness. I hope all is well with you. I finally did get my computer back so I'm all set here. Enjoy these warm days while they are here!
xoxo Jenny