Saturday, June 27, 2009

chores etc.

I put this one on here for you Jenny.. Margie here is one of the sweetest cows in the barn! Most of the cows at the farm (especially the ones that were born there) are named after dear loved ones/friends and even neighbors. No Christian or Sarah yet.. The babies are named with the first letter of the mother. Margie here had baby Martha.
Shannon was with us today and Christian was over at her house playing with her brother Liam. we do the switcheroo quite often! We put them right to work. It was our night to help at the farm so I just gave the girls just about all of my jobs (Eric helps milk). They fed the milkers their grain and the calves too.
Kit's stall was cleaned very thoroughly and they put the grain in his bin.


They gathered (and found.. there are hiding places around!) the eggs and fed the chickens. Thanks for your help girls! I didn't have to do very much tonight!



This turkey has been sitting on chicken eggs now for quite some time.. we're anxiously waiting to see what will happen when (or if) the eggs will hatch and what happens then!




Love!





Sarah was flying on Kit today.. Eric looks so relaxed in the picture and my heart was in my throat.







2 comments:

heavenly bliss said...

Oh thank you for the picture of Margie. How sweet. You are my kind of people. I didn't realize you work on the farm like that. Isn't it wonderful. If I could I would have a barn full of animals. Great job girls. Don't you love searching for eggs? I remember our chickens were the same way.
Can't wait to see you!!
xoxo Jenny

heavenly bliss said...

COME ON OVER AROUND 9-10 JENNY!!!
XOXO jenny